The safety and strength of your roof is especially important during winter, when the topmost structure of your building needs to endure so much. The health and strength of your roof must be an important consideration when you install and remove Christmas decorations from your roof – here are some tips to use when taking the decorations off:
- Climb safely – always use a solid ladder and always make sure that the ladder is placed on even, solid surface. Also ensure that the ladder is properly anchored to the roof edge;
- Wear the right clothes – non-slip boots, comfortable, warm work clothes, work gloves and a helmet should never be missing from your outfit;
- Be gentle – even of you installed your decorations using special fasteners intended for roofs, sudden, strong movements can damage your roof. Never pull the decorations off strongly, never tear them off hastily – take the time to open and remove each of the clips that hold your decoration in place and be gentle when you are pulling off any tape as well;
- Enlist help – it can be difficult and dangerous to remove very large decorations on your own, so ask someone to help you from the ground or hire Gaithersburg roofing technicians to help;
- Disconnect illuminated decorations – make sure that any roof lights are unplugged.